I love making lists. I will spend more time making a list than the actual task. I’ve been known to write “make new to-do list” on a to-do list. I’ll re-write it until it looks pretty and organize and cross everything off carefully so I feel really good about how much I’ve done.
My Countdown to A2 To-Do List:
pre-register at hospital get newborn clothes down from attic wash/organize/make fit in the girls’ room
- clean baby car seat and have ready for go-time
set up A2 with EB’s pediatrician
- make baby blanket
- make belly cast
- pack hospital bag
This weekend was filled with several things: my sinus infection decided to rage harder and stronger than ever before, we got some things knocked off the baby list so I don’t have any more nesting nightmares, and EB is now in love with Pee Wee’s Playhouse. I feel like my job as a parent is now complete with that last one. She asks for Pee Wee more than Yo Gabba Gabba! Um, YES. She just told me a knock-knock joke, is making Pee Wee noises, and says “Miss Yvonne” when she comes on screen. It’s almost enough to make me forget my sinuses are punching me in the face and my ear is now squeaking when I blow my nose.
Here’s what we have done so far to the list and I’m feeling better emotionally, if not physically.
Done and Done:
- I filled out the pre-reg at the hospital over the internet. Maybe it will actually go into the system this time because last time we had to do it during go-time even though I filled out the paperwork twice.
- Sweet Hubs. And thank goodness for the rain to cool things down. He got down the newborn and 0-3 month stuff without making me climb the ladder and fit through the tiny hole on the side of the house. PS, we blocked off our in-house attic entrance when we remodeled our bathroom. It seemed reasonable at the time.
- I hate laundry. I don’t mind sticking it in the washer and dryer, but I hatehatehate folding clothes and putting them away. I feel like I’m going crazy with its endless nature. However, it was all so cute! And small! And I remembered all the crap that EB used to wear and I got all excited about A2 rocking the onesies and footie PJ’s. And somehow, somehow, I organized the dresser and wardrobe so that both girls have clothes space. This has been killing me wondering how I’d make it work.
- Doing it today. It’s in the wash. Another load! It really is endless.
- Apparently I just do this at the hospital. DER. I remember calling for EB when I was sick looking for a doctor for myself last time, but I was so delirious that I found myself a pediatrician. Oh, well. I got this done and I’m marking it off, dammit.
- I have every intention of doing it this week. The fabric is burning a hole on my dresser and I have to do it while EB is at school. So Thursday or Friday? I’ll do a post on making baby blankets again.
- I waited to do this a day after EB’s due date so I am nervous about waiting too long, but I want to make the cast when I’m as big as possible. Hmmmm.
- Gotta get on this one. How soon is too soon to pack the bag? What if I need that crap in the remaining month? I guess I can put a few things in there like nursing bras. Don’t need those yet.
But mostly I’m napping and EB and Daddy are getting quality time together. I hate feeling crappy, and toddlers don’t understand mommy nap time that doesn’t coincide with their nap time. How did she start to feel better before me? Don’t I have a more sophisticated immune system than her? I’m trying to get a doctor’s appointment, too. That’s on a different list.
UPDATE: For all my Pee Wee fans out there, check these blurry iPhone pics out. Hubs’ old friend Bulldog has an original Pee Wee’s Playhouse set, including all of the dolls. And he let EB play with them way before her current appreciation for the show.